We attract courageous, passionate, results-oriented professionals and provide exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development, in addition to competitive compensation. If you’re interested in exploring a career with us, we invite you to learn more about what we believe, our model, and our people.
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive for our staff to reflect the diverse communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Director of Outreach, New York Region
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with talented, results-oriented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and an immersion program in the developing world. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to serve 750 students annually and we are building to serve 1000 students annually by 2017. Global Glimpse works to make global education accessible to all; our program delivers true socioeconomic, ethnic and experiential diversity. The majority of Global Glimpse students receive significant scholarships to participate in the program. Global Glimpse gives youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective on the world and develop the motivation, resiliency, and confidence to tackle challenges in their communities and in their lives.
The Director of Outreach is focused on building strong and lasting partnerships with middle and upper income high schools across the New York region. Global Glimpse is committed to serving youth from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Over 50% of our students are low income and 30% live below the US poverty line. Our students receive scholarships according to their family income, dependents in the home, and the socioeconomic situation in the community. Fees from middle and upper income students provide a sustainable source of funding that allows Global Glimpse to continue to offer the highest quality global education, leadership development, and service learning programs in the field to students from diverse backgrounds. The Director of Outreach will work to secure partnerships with middle and upper income high schools in the New York region in order to support the organization’s continued growth and impact across diverse schools and communities.
- Develop collateral and media to effectively market the Global Glimpse program to middle and upper income high schools
- Develop a system to incentivize Global Glimpse supporters, alumni, alumni families, past leaders, advisory board, board members, donors etc. to support recruitment of new middle and upper income high schools
- Develop and maintain lists of target middle and upper income public and private high schools that meet demographic requirements across each of our target regions
- Develop strategies to approach key contacts at middle and upper income high schools
- Utilize phone, LinkedIn, and e-mail to conduct a significant amount of business, reserving travel for key situations, meetings, and presentations
- Build momentum around the Global Glimpse program in target middle and upper income communities and schools through attending local and regional events
- Schedule in person meetings with administrators, teachers, PTA, alumni students and families, school boards, other organizations, and community entities to build network in target communities…
- Manage a sales pipeline to establish partnerships with middle and upper income schools
- Establish strong relationships with educators, administrators, and supporters in all potential and current middle and upper income partner schools
- Develop a strong understanding of the specific needs of new middle and upper income partner high schools
- Secure new partnerships with schools in target demographics on a consistent basis to achieve recruitment goals for each region
- Work effectively with program staff to ensure new partnerships are transitioned, supported and student recruitment targets are met in all new partner schools
- Develop programming to keep schools in the pipeline and current partners intellectually engaged in Global Glimpse’s work
- Partnership Management
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders at current upper and middle income partner high schools
- Provide annual reports to administrators and district supervisors outlining the positive impacts of the Global Glimpse program in the school
- Additional Responsibilities may include support of regional fundraising initiatives
Education and Experience
- Passion for the Global Glimpse mission
- Strong sales and marketing background, 5+ years sales experience preferably in the education and/or travel space
- Experience with K-12 education market preferred
- Strong network in private education circles and suburban communities in New York, Northern New Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, and Southern Connecticut
- Ability to network effectively to close sales in the education market
- Extremely motivated, persistent, and creative
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- Experience with international travel strongly preferred
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Strong interpersonal skills, good with people and adaptable
- High level of professionalism
- Bachelors degree in sales, communications or a related field (preferred)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000, which includes performance based bonuses
Location: New York, NY
Start date: November 1st or as soon as possible
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide 3 references. Please specify the specific position you are applying for in your email subject.