Now hiring one full-time position!
Community Engagement Specialist – Oakland, CA
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and international environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 3-week immersion programs in the developing world. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 45 public high schools and serve 600 students annually from the Bay Area and New York. Our 30 international immersion programs operate in 5 cities in Nicaragua and 2 cities in the Dominican Republic; with 3 new programs to be added in Ecuador in 2014. We are scaling to serve 1000 students annually by 2017 and 20,000 by 2024. Global Glimpse is one of the only organizations of its kind making experiential global education accessible to all; our program delivers true socioeconomic, ethnic, and experiential diversity. The majority of Global Glimpse students are from low-income families and underserved communities and receive significant scholarships to participate in the program. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective on the world and develop the motivation, resiliency, and confidence to tackle challenges in their communities and in their lives. Learn more at www.globalglimpse.org.
The Community Engagement Specialist will be responsible for informing and implementing fundraising and development strategies to meet the organization’s ambitious growth goals. You will work closely with our Executive Director to strengthen our fundraising in order to prepare the organization for significant growth.
- Individual Donors
- Track all donations to the organization and collaborate with the Executive Director to maintain strong donor relations
- Determine a comprehensive list of individuals to develop and cultivate
- Design and support a strategic cultivation strategy for individual donors
- Ensures donors and funders listed in all communication material are current
- Ensure all individual donors are invited to Global Glimpse events and provided with regular opportunities to engage with the program
- Research and maintain a comprehensive list of foundations to develop and cultivate
- Maintain a foundation calendar and ensure all LOIs, proposals, and reports are submitted on time
- Develop language and content for LOIs and grant proposals, create and maintain a grant kit with all current language and materials to support grant proposals
- Ensure program metrics are incorporated into development and communications materials
- Determine a comprehensive list of corporate partners to develop and cultivate
- Develop sponsorship and partnerships strategies specific to corporate partners and sponsors
- Manage all logistics for fundraising events including venues, ticket sales, sponsors, raffles, and silent auctions
- Design and manage all communications for fundraising events including press releases, outreach and day of event materials
- Direct all aspects of our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and publish regular newsletters to engage our diverse stakeholders
- Secure speaking opportunities for our ED to be an expert and spokesperson in strategic forums
- 2+ years of fundraising experience
- Exceptional writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism
- An implementer who can keep track of many things at once
- Team player, ability to motivate a team to engage in and support fundraising
- Passion for international education and youth development
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Monthly salary commensurate with experience, healthcare coverage, 20 days PTO, cell phone reimbursement
Location: Oakland, California
Start date: May, 2015
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide 3 references.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled