Now hiring two full-time positions!
Program Coordinators – Dominican Republic
San Juan de la Maguana, Bonao, San Cristóbal or Constanza, Dominican Republic
Global Glimpse is looking for TALENTED, ENTHUSIASTIC, CREATIVE LEADERS to lead 3-week education, leadership and service-immersion programs for American high school students in the Dominican Republic.
Global Glimpse is a non-profit organization that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through immersion in the developing world. We believe that exposure to different countries, cultures, and people provide important perspective and drive young people to take action to better their world together. Since 2008, Global Glimpse has provided over 2000 youth with the opportunity to learn about the powerful history, passionate people, natural beauty, and complexity of Nicaragua, Ecuador, and the Dominican Republic.
The Program Coordinators will live and work in one of our four headquarter cities for four months while facilitating a transformational summer travel experience for diverse North American high school students. One Program Coordinator per site will work under a local Site Manager and Dominican Republic Country Director to execute three-week itineraries for three delegations of students focused on global education, service learning, and leadership.
Each delegation is comprised of 20-22 students, two travelling educators, an in-country Site Manager and a Program Coordinator. Program Coordinators will receive approximately 2+ weeks of comprehensive training. The position runs from May 5th through the end of August 2015.
Program Coordinators gain skills and experience benefiting careers in the private and non-profit sectors, international development and education. Beyond a job, this is an opportunity to change the lives of youth and inspire them to become responsible global citizens who take action to better their world.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
May: Training and Program Development
- Learn and practice program components, seminars, policies and procedures
- Complete Advanced Wilderness First Aid Training course
- Collaborate with Site Manager to prepare itinerary components for student arrival
- Meet and make final preparations with community partners involved in the detailed 18-day itinerary
- Use financial resources responsibly to ensure all activities are within budget
- Manage all program logistics (food, transportation, accommodation, health, safety and relationship with providers)
- Integrate local youth ambassadors to support the students and staff
June, July and August: Program Execution
- Execute the 3-week itineraries with the support of a Site Manager
- Attend to all participant needs. Global Glimpse staff is on call 24/7 while students are in country
- Facilitate program seminars, educational workshops and reflections with students (in English)
- Mentoring: Guide personal development in participants
- Interpret (Spanish to English) for guest speakers and community contacts
- Interpret (English to Spanish) for US students and leaders
- Problem-solve changes in schedules and address emergencies
- Manage delegation budgets and track all delegation expenses
- Ensure US students and leaders have a meaningful, inspirational, fun, safe and educational experience in the Dominican Republic
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Bilingual: 100% English and Spanish fluency (written and verbal)
- Strong time management skills. Always on time and self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience working with diverse populations and ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Strong team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with and teaching youth in educational travel settings preferred
- Committed and flexible to job needs
- Experience managing budgets preferred, but not required
- Experience living and working in the developing world, preferably Dominican Republic (for foreign applicants)
- Experience with oral translating (Spanish-English) preferable but not required
- Experience working with a multicultural staff team
Compensation: USD $500/ month
- $100/ month housing allowance
- Prepaid telephone for work-related purposes
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid Course included (valid 2 years)
- All food and transport with students is included during the summer
This position is not right for everyone and requires committed individuals who can dedicate their full efforts to the program and are ready to learn. To apply, please email your CV and a letter of interest (no less than a page long) detailing your qualifications and interest in the position. Please send your information in English (if you are Dominican living in the DR) or Spanish (for foreign applicants) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16th, 2015.
To learn more about Global Glimpse and this position explore our website: www.globalglimpse.org
Marketing & Development Manager – Oakland, CA
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and international environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 3-week immersion programs in the developing world. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 45 public high schools and serve 600 students annually from the Bay Area and New York. Our 30 international immersion programs operate in 5 cities in Nicaragua and 2 cities in the Dominican Republic; with 3 new programs to be added in Ecuador in 2014. We are scaling to serve 1000 students annually by 2017 and 20,000 by 2024. Global Glimpse is one of the only organizations of its kind making experiential global education accessible to all; our program delivers true socioeconomic, ethnic, and experiential diversity. The majority of Global Glimpse students are from low-income families and underserved communities and receive significant scholarships to participate in the program. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective on the world and develop the motivation, resiliency, and confidence to tackle challenges in their communities and in their lives. Learn more at www.globalglimpse.org.
You will be responsible for informing and implementing communications and development strategies to meet the organization’s ambitious growth goals. Your job will be to steward our mission and dramatically enhance our visibility in the coming years.
Marketing and Communications
- Execute and evaluate all branding, marketing, and communication initiatives
- Ensure a seamless brand experience for Global Glimpse stakeholders
- Upgrade and execute the existing editorial content calendar (blog, social media, newsletter, website, etc)
- Manage the Global Glimpse website (including regular refreshes of content and functionality) to meet brand and communications goals
- Lead our design process and support the production and distribution of print and online materials to ensure that we always have inspiring, engaging content
- Work with our Director of Operations to produce new videos, photography and marketing campaigns that bolster the Global Glimpse brand
- Identify and pitch stories to top print, online, radio, and TV media channels to share our story with the world
- Create and maintain media kits to be sent to key media in the U.S. and abroad
- Secure speaking opportunities for our ED to be an expert and spokesperson in strategic forums
- Social Media
- Direct all aspects of our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and publish regular newsletters to engage our diverse stakeholders
- Individual Donors
o Track all donations to the organization and collaborate with the Executive Director to maintain strong donor relations
o Determine a comprehensive list of individuals to develop and cultivate
o Design a strategic cultivation strategy for individual donors
o Ensures donors and funders listed in all communication material are current
o Ensure all individual donors are invited to Global Glimpse events and engagement opportunities
o Determine a comprehensive list of foundations to develop and cultivate
o Maintain a foundation calendar and ensure all LOIs and proposals are submitted on time
o Develop language and content for LOIs and grant proposals
o Ensure program metrics are incorporated into development and communications materials.
o Determine a comprehensive list of corporate partners to develop and cultivate
o Develop communications material specific to corporate partners and sponsors
o Manage all logistics for fundraising events including venues, ticket sales, sponsors, raffles, and silent auctions
o Design and manage all communications for fundraising events including press releases, outreach and day of event materials
o 2+ years communications and/or marketing experience, ideally an “in-house” leadership role within an organization or company. Marketing to millennials is a big plus.
o Experience developing effective PR strategies.
o Experience managing content creation for online, print and media forums.
o Skilled in graphic design, video production and photography
o Familiarity with WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, and video editing software
o Social media savvy, and up on the latest trends.
o Exceptional writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
o An implementer who can keep track of many threads at once.
o Ability to serve as a unifying force across a team, and to position communications at both the strategic and tactical levels.
o Strong design, photography, video content development experience.
o Forward thinking design style
o Passion for international education and youth development
o Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
o Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
o Strong interpersonal skills
o High level of professionalism
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Monthly salary commensurate with experience, healthcare coverage
Location: Oakland, California
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide 3 references.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.