New York Program Coordinator
New York, New York
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with talented, results-oriented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and an immersion program in the developing world. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to serve 500 students annually and we are building to serve 1000 students annually by 2017. Global Glimpse works to make global education accessible to all; our program delivers true socioeconomic, ethnic and experiential diversity. The majority of Global Glimpse students receive significant scholarships to participate in the program. Global Glimpse gives youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective on the world and develop the motivation, resiliency, and confidence to tackle challenges in their communities and in their lives.
Global Glimpse is expanding to 10 New York public high schools.The New York Program Coordinator will manage the launch of our partner school program promoting global awareness, social responsibility, and youth leadership in 10 New York City public high schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. The Program Coordinator will train and support a network of highly committed volunteer educators to recruit outstanding student leaders for the program, effectively run after school workshops in their schools, and prepare for the three week summer immersion in the developing world. In addition, the partner program coordinator will manage and support fundraising initiatives in the New York region including but not limited to individual donors, grants, and events. This is a fast paced work environment in a highly successful, growing non-profit organization. A minimum 2 year commitment is required.
Within the first 90 days the expectation is that the New York program coordinator will train 10 educators to lead the Global Glimpse program in their schools, recruit100 students to participate in the 2013-2014 program, and execute a successful fundraising launch event for the Global Glimpse program in New York City. Within the first year, the expectation is that the program coordinator will be able to fully manage all aspects of the Global Glimpse program in New York. In addition, the program coordinator will successfully lead fundraising and new school recruitment initiatives in the New York region.
New York Partner School Program
- Manage the New York Partner School Program and be responsible for full program life-cycle including leader training, student recruitment, payment administration, and preparing the organization for summer programs in the developing world.
Organizational Partnerships and Independent Students
- Build and manage New York partnerships and ensure recruitment targets for independent students and students from partner organizations are met.
- Grant writing
- Individual donor outreach and maintenance
- Organize and manage office duties including general organization and filings, expense tracking, mail, admin email and phone, etc…
Additional support areas may include:
- In country program support
- Messaging and marketing
- Social media
- New school recruitment
- Knowledge of New York City Education systems, strong network in New York
- Passion for international education and youth development
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international education or Bachelor’s in an unrelated field with significant international experience
- Master’s degree in international education or equivalent experience preferred, but not required
- self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Independent, can work successfully in an independent environment
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred, but not required
- Management experience, especially volunteer management
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience living and working in the developing world
- Ability to work with diverse students, teachers, and families
- High level of professionalism
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience with payment tracking, accounting, and budget management
- Ability to engage professionally with parents, educators, and administrators
- Strong written and editing skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Monthly salary commensurate with experience, full benefits
Location: New York, NY
Start date: July 22, 2012.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide 3 references.
Deadline: Applications received by June 15th will receive preferential review. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If you are interested in the volunteer position(s) below, please email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Writer
- Graphic Designer
- Marketing and PR